Before Christmas break, all sixth grade students had to choose an artifact, research it, then designed a presentation about the artifact. The artifact I chose was the ancient Egyptian funerary cone. The reason I chose it was because no one really knew what it was, and neither did I before I started researching. So then when I did my presentation it wouldn't be as boring because it would be all new information. I was about to get a water bottle and shape the cone around it with clay, but then my mom suggested getting cardboard paper and rolling it into a cone. That worked so much easier because the clay wouldn't stick to the plastic bottle, but actually stuck to the paper. To make it strong on the inside, I stuffed it with plastic bags so it would not collapse. After I covered the whole outside of the cone with clay and stuffed the inside, I filled the rest of the top with clay. I then wrote my name in hieroglyphics on the top. The problem with using the funerary cone for my artifact was that there were only theories of what they are used for. There was not much scientific research put into discovering the funerary cone either. This experience definitely taught me that having good research doesn't cut it, you need to have repetitive rehearsal.
No comments:
Post a Comment