Monday, 11 March 2013

Book Club


            So far in our book club book, Tuck everlasting by Natalie Babbit, I have learnt a number of things about the characters. The man in the yellow suit is clearly a nuanced character because he acts like a nice old man infront pf the world, but with the Tucks he is equivalent to a criminal. I wonder what relation the man has with the Tucks. I infer that the Tucks did something him in a way. Since the Tucks are good people, I am guessing if they did something it was an accident. It is clear that the man in the yellow suit bought the wood to have possession of the spring water. He will probably sell it and make a fortune. The author communicates powerful symbolism. The man in the yellow suit told the policeman that the Tucks were criminals, so when the policeman looked at the direction of the Tucks there was darkness. The man in the yellow suit is making the Tucks look like not only bad people but criminals. In the future I have to pay attention to the man in the yellow suit.


No comments:

Post a Comment